Tow tractors - Tow tractor 7.0 - 10.0t
– Capacity / load: from 7.00 to 10.00 tons.
- Also suitable for outdoor applications.
- Comfortable operator seat.
- Automatic parking brake.
- Powerful, maintenance-free 3-phase AC drive motor.
Robust, versatile and economical – these are the advantages offered by our EZS 570, 580, 590 and 5100 electric tow tractors. When used in warehouses or outside – these high-performance tow tractors with tow load capacities of up to 10,000 kg are suitable for any application.
In addition to outstanding ride comfort and safety, the Series 5 tow tractors also offer increased performance with low energy consumption:
- New comfort suspension: The fully cushioned suspension with springs and shock absorbers on all wheels protects the operator's back as well as the truck.
- Robust design: The powerful steel frame and hard-wearing moulded parts last for the lifetime of a tow tractor in daily operation.
- LED lighting: The optional lighting is environmentally friendly and not sensitive to vibrations.
- Easily accessible coupling: From a seated position, the coupling is clearly visible and easy to reach. Different couplings are available.
- Generous and comfortable operator position: The low stand-on platform makes it easy to climb aboard, the spacious foot-well provides ample legroom and the steering wheel, travel direction switch and indicator lever are all easy to reach, making it an extremely ergonomic unit.
- Automatic parking brake with roll-back protection. When the truck comes to a halt, the tow tractor and trailer are automatically secured.
- 48-V 3-phase AC motor provides strong acceleration and a high top speed.
- Regenerative braking: The braking energy is fed back into the battery, thereby extending its operating period.
- Fast battery replacement: The battery can either be lifted out by crane or optionally replaced from the side.
- Economic use of pool batteries: Use of the 625-Ah battery, which is also used in the 48-V class forward-loading trucks, in the XL version.
Conclusion: Sophisticated ergonomics and technology in the form of our EZS Series 5 ensure gentle and safe working with a high degree of cost and energy efficiency.
Advantages in Detail
Innovative 3-phase AC technology
Our 3-phase AC technology motors offer you more power and performance, while at the same time reducing operating costs:
- High efficiency levels with excellent energy management.
- Powerful acceleration and high top speed, even when laden.
- Rapid direction change.
- Maintenance-free drive motor.
- 2-year warranty on the drive motor.
Comfortable and safe operation
The speedCONTROL impulse control system facilitates comfortable, safe travel with adjustment options for every application:
- The fully sprung frame with springs and shock absorber guarantees traction at all times.
- The automatic parking brake ensures reliable starting and roll-back protection on gradients.
- The travel speed, set using the accelerator is maintained in all situations.
- Energy recovery – regenerative braking when decelerating.
- Programmable crawl speed button allows travel at reduced speed.
- Three alternative travel programs can be set to suit every specific need.
- 2-stage LED lights (daytime running lights, travel lights).
- Easy entry and exit due to the low footstep.
- Spacious operator position with large foot-well. Ergonomic footrest for the left foot.
- Short distances from the operator position to the coupling and load.
- Clearly visible, easily accessible coupling.
- Inching controls for simple coupling and decoupling (optional).
- Non-marking superelastic wheels (optional).
- Well organised with many storage areas for the operator.
Rugged construction for the toughest applications
- Frame made from high-grade, 8-mm steel plate.
- Extra-high frame apron on front.
- Robust LED lights: Front lights, rear lights and indicators (optional).
- Lateral protection provided by skirting (optional).
Long operating times available with lead-acid battery
Energy-efficient 3-phase AC technology and high battery capacities allow for long operating times. XL version allows the use of forklift truck batteries (e.g. electric 3 wheel fork lift EFG 213-220).
- Standard version: 3 PzS 345 Ah.
- XL version: 5 PzS 625 Ah.
Fully informed at all times
Easy to read display and instruments allows a constant and complete overview of battery discharge indication, operation hours, speed and fault diagnostics.
- PIN code activation of the truck (optional).
- Choice of 3 travel programs.
- Adjustable travel parameters.
- Turtle switch.
Extensive accessories for individual tailoring to your requirements:
- Inching buttons for simple coupling and decoupling.
- Lateral battery exchange for easy changing.
- Additional steel bumper.
- Holder for radio data components.
- Different couplings.
- Hydraulic or electric supply connections for our GTE and GTP trailers.
- Comfort charging: Charging of the built-in battery without need to open panels.
- Cabs with various options for outdoor use.
- Further options for the right configuration of the tow tractor.
- Also available: Platform truck based on the EZS Series 5.
- High degree of availability thanks to extremely short charging times.
- No battery exchange required.
- Cost savings due to longer service life and low maintenance compared with lead-acid batteries.
- No charging rooms and ventilation required as there is no build up of gas.
- Longer service life with 5-year Jungheinrich guarantee.